How to install Cyanogenmod 12 Rom on Nexus 6
CyanogenMod is the best custom Rom available for android devices. Even some of the manufacturers are using it as a default operating system on their android phones. You can install Cyanogenmod 12 Rom on Nexus 6, as its unofficial build is available for Nexus 6. You might experience some issues as the Rom is in nightly mode but according to forums there is not any type of complaints till yet. The CynogenMod brings vanilla android interface to the android users and helps them in getting the most excellent performance.
To install Cyanogenmod 12 Rom on Nexus 6 just follow the guide given below.
STEPS TO FOLLOW BEFORE INSTALLING CyanogenMod 12 Rom ON NEXUS 6
- You have to root your Motorola Nexus 6 before installing Cyanogenmod 12 Rom. If you have rooted then proceed further and if not ,then root your Nexus 6.
- When you install Cyanogenmod 12 custom Rom on your Nexus 6 then the device data will completely deleted. So, i suggest you to make backup of all the data of your Motorola Nexus 6.
- You have to install Nexus 6 driver in your computer.
- Your tablet should have at least 70 % battery.
- Enable USB debugging. If you don’t know how to enable it then just go to
Settings > Developer Option and then, Enable USB debugging.
6. Make sure that your smartphone is having recovery in it.
Install Cyanogenmod 12 Rom on Nexus 6
1. First of all, you have to download ROM for your Nexus 6 smartphone. To download ROM [click here]
2. Now, connect your smartphone to the computer through USB cable and copy ROM in the device memory of your Nexus 6.
3. Just turn off your Nexus 6 and reboot it in recovery mode. Now, press the combination of Volume down + Power + Home, to enter recovery mode.
4. When you entered recovery mode, perform wipe action and clear all the data by selecting Wipe data/Factory reset. After that clear cache by selecting Clear cache partition, if you want.
5. After performing wipe action and clearing cache go back to recovery and then choose Install zip file from your SD card and after that select Choose zip from SD card.
6. And at last, flash the file and return to recovery menu and reboot your Nexus 6 by selecting reboot option on the screen.
Congratulations.. You have done it. Cyanogenmod 12 Rom is now installed on your Motorola Nexus 6. Now, to get Google applications you to need to download as well as flash Google apps. You can download Google apps from the same link from where you downloaded Cyanogenmod 12 Rom for your Nexus 6. Download it and flash it without going through step 4.
Have you install Cyanogenmod 12 Rom on Nexus 6 .?? how it works on your Nexus 6 ?? Share your experience with us.